Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Who Am I?

If you were to look in my purse today you would find the basic objects that you will find in every ones purse. A driver’s license (with a photo I actually like). A debit/credit card, insurance cards, department store cards, clothes store club cards and grocery club cards can be found in the side pocket, so am I a shopaholic? You would also find a make up bag with the necessities of foundation, eyeliner, mascara, lip liner, and lip gloss. Do you think now that I am high maintenance obsessed with my appearance? You would find my keys with my athletic club membership attached. Are you thinking that I must be struggling with my weight? Now I am curious to think of what you would think of me finding the following items:- Children’s Benadryl, Ranitidine, Allegra, and Allerclear, and Infant Tylenol. Do you think that I use medication regularly?

Now all of these assumptions are actually not true at all. I am not a shopaholic and I am not obsessed with my appearance. I am not struggling with my weight (well not today) and I most definitely do not use medication regularly.

So what information do you get from these items? Maybe a glimpse of who I am but certainly not the whole package.

I like to have discount cards or club cards to save money. So I am actually a saver not a spender. I keep my make up in my purse because I am usually running late and have to put my make up on a more convenient part of the day. I go to the gym regularly but am pretty comfortable with my body. As for all the medication...... I have had some close encounters with severe allergic reactions that made a huge impact on me. I do not go anywhere without it as it can be a life saver when you least expect it.

I also have pictures of my kids, the kind that you carry for emergency purposes. I carry a couple of diapers and a Ziploc bag of wipes. I also carry extra kiddies snacks. From these objects you can assume that I have kids and little ones at that and you would be correct. (By the third child you are past the cute diaper bags and want to look normal instead of like a camel packing for the long haul).

If all people had to go on is the content of my purse they would not know that I am married, that I have three hysterically funny kids, that I go to church, that I go to school full-time, that I love to laugh out loud, and most of all love to have fun with my family.

Regards
Carrie

3 comments:

judiasc said...

Hey Carrie, read through the contents of your purse, and I gotta ask, do you have any lunch meat in that purse of plenty of yours? Im just kidding, I had a friend back in Florida, she carried everything in her purse, and when her little boy would request something....even something off the wall like "choo choo train driver" she'd look inside shaking her head, saying "honey I dont think its in here.. oh wait..here it is!" simply amazing, we used to kid her on it, she too had everything in her purse!

English 101 said...

Hi Carrie,
I enjoyed reading your entry--you sound like a very organized and busy mom and student. Nice looking blog too!

Ann

Olga said...

I like how you stated something, then asked what the person thought about you because of what was in your purse. Good job!